Monday, March 5, 2012

Tom Sawyer

I have never read many American classics, the few I did read I didn't like much. Tom Sawyer seems so far to be something I might enjoy. I am not far through it yet but it is pretty good! :)

The only problem with it is the language. The writer will use very large words and writes very well with perfect grammar. But every single time one of the characters starts to speak I get confused because they all use bad grammar. Reading the book disorients you a little when you first start it.

Along with Tom Sawyer this week I am still reading A Tale Of Two Cities. It is very good so far. I've only read a few Dickens but this one I think will be my overall favorite.

I'm still adding new books, does anyone have any suggestions for my list? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment