Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Holmes, and a Strange Extra

I finished The Hound of the Baskervilles a little late but not too late. I really liked it. Sherlock Holmes is such a interesting character, and Watson was not as cool as he is in the new movies (really, who can beat Jude Law?) but he was a good character too.

On Monday I picked up a strange looking book that my younger brother had read for school. It was called The Phantom Tollbooth, It was very weird, but I loved it. If you take Alice in Wonderland, and replace Alice with a boy named Milo, you have The Phantom Tollbooth. The writer was a genius with words, It was a completely literal world. For example Milo gets to the Island of conclusions by jumping, he meets "that awful DYNNE" (say aloud), and he rescues Rhyme and Reason. If you have not read it, please do. :)

This week its Treasure Island. I hope I enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Susan Tipton- What do people always call a noise they are complaining about? "That awful din"... Get it? :)

      Lizzie- It was amazing, it automatically placed itself in my favorite book list.

      Delete
  2. That is one of our favorite books, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete