Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Thoughts On Frankenstein

So I started Frankenstein by Mary Shelley yesterday afternoon, and finished it that night. I literally could not put it down. My thoughts on it are below.

Was it captivating? Very. Victor Frankenstein was such a interesting man, you did not dislike him but yet you did not love him, mostly I felt sorry for him. His monster was so different than how it is usually portrayed now. It was very smart, but kept making the wrong choices. While reading the book, all I could do was feel sorry for it, even when it made horrible choices I understood them and felt sorry that it did not go another direction.

All in all, I liked it, but I do not think I will ever read it again. It was a book that helped you to understand human nature. If you have not read this book please do, I consider it educational even if you don't enjoy it.

I hope next weeks book will be something light and funny. I just want something opposite than what this weeks book was. 

You can find my complete book list under the "about me" section. The list is not in order so if you see something that you think would be good for next week please comment below. Also If you want me to add something to my list, again please comment the name and author below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment