Thursday, April 19, 2012

Farming for Animals

Well I have been reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas this week but somehow I misplaced it. I'll have to look for that today. Anyway, I read Animal Farm  by Orwell yesterday, and finished it yesterday. Just like when I read Frankenstein, I could not put it down.

I found the overall story to be depressing, the end to be creepy, and the writing style hilarious. The book is a what if kind of story. It's a, what if the animals threw the farmer out and began to run the farm. Throughout the story, the pigs of the farm At the end the farm is the way it was in the beginning, except the pigs are the new farmers.

My mom quoted Lord Acton, a British historian, that night when we were discussing the behavior of the pigs in the book. "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". Very True.

What did I learn from the book Animal Farm? Never, trust a pig with power. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment