Saturday, January 7, 2012

Number Two

Well, since I finished The Odyssey I will be starting the next book on my list. The book is is another Greek classic called, The Three Theban Plays, by Sophocles.

This one I do not at all know if I will like, mainly because on the back of the book it says, "This book towers over all the rest of Greek tragedy." Yay, a sad book.  I am not like my older brother, he really likes tragedies, not me. If the story ends with one or both of the main characters dying I don't like it.

My brother says, "But if everything turns out right it isn't realistic." I agree but I would rather see a movie or read a book about a happier world where everything is good, then a movie or book where everything is like our world- unhappy.  

Ah well. I will read it and decide after I am finished whether I like it or not. Who knows, it might surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment